Here is what happens in the body to provide this protection:
- Bone marrow starts the process as it creates cells through hematopoiesis of its stem cells into immune system cells.
- The thymus produces mature T cells from other bone marrow cells.
- These T cells are needed as a helper in the immune system. Some T-cells help regulate the complex workings of the immune system and activate white blood cells to fight infections and others destroy infected or mutant cells.
- The spleen also has a role to play. It is made up of B Cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, natural killer cells and red blood cells. It acts as a blood filter capturing antigens and destroying old red blood cells or using its B cells to produce antibodies.
- Lymph Nodes throughout the body, composed mainly of T cells, B cells, dendritic cells and macrophages, drain tissue fluid and filter antigens from lymph.
- Macrophages regulate immune system response and carry antigens to T cells and B cells to deal with.
- Dendritic cells found in the thymus, lymph nodes, spleen, blood stream and tissues performs much like the macrophages in carrying antigens to T cells and B cells.
Now that we understand how the immune system works and how important it is to our health, here's some ways you can keep it in good shape:
- Eat foods rich in antioxidants, fresh fruits and vegetables
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night
- Exercise 30 minutes a day
- Drink eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Beta glucan
We understand how important the immune system is and have solutions to offer for boosting it naturally. This immune support supplement is designed especially for enhancing support of the body's immune system and supporting the production and activity of beneficial white blood cells. It contains the active ingredient WGP™ beta glucan, a patented form of the complex carbohydrate beta glucan, which is found in the cell walls of baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). Studies at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University and Johns Hopkins University have shown that WGP beta glucan is able to activate macrophages thus creating a stronger immune system. Beta glucan itself is a complex carbohydrate of glucose derived from sources such as yeast, bacteria, fungi, and cereals like oats, barley, and rye.
We also want to introduce you to products to supplement your antioxidant protection which boosts the immune system. Here are a few to check out:
- Sprouts Supplement – provides blend of kale sprouts, red clover sprouts, wheat sprouts, concentrated wheat sprouts, and Dunaliella salina algae for powerful antioxidant protection
- Stem Cell support supplement – provides natural antioxidants including wild blueberry, green tea, carnosine, and organic Wild Bluegreen Algae
- Coenzyme Q10 supplement – contains 82% of the daily value of antioxidant vitamin A. Provides a powerful combination of antioxidants and a full spectrum of carotenoids found in red beta algae and bluegreen algae.
With winter quickly approaching, now is the time to make sure your immune system is in good shape to help fight off the flus and colds that come with the season. Try these supplements to help you get your immune system strengthened naturally.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products at wholesale prices on our website.