Natural Solutions for Reducing Stress
- Stock up on healthy snacks when cravings hit. You know to maintain a healthy lifestyle it's better to snack on fruits and veggies than on donuts and potato chips.
- Exercise can help reduce weight gain and relieve stress, so instead of reaching for your favorite comfort food when stressed, go for a walk.
- Prepare yourself for sleep by establishing a bedtime routine, don't eat a heavy meal right before bed, and turn off all lights including blue light such as the kind from smart phones or PDAs.
- Massage therapy can help reduce stress, anxiety, pain, muscle tension and insomnia stemming from stress. If you find yourself stressed beyond your limits of coping, try getting a massage.
- Socializing and laughing are another natural solution for dealing with stress. Laugher has been shown to support immune cell function, be a stress reducer and research has shown that a healthy lifestyle is linked to our relationships and activities with other people.
- Eat foods that have stress relieving vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, B vitamins, coenzyme Q10 and chlorophyll. Eating foods rich in vitamin C and omega-3 fatty acids can help lower stress hormones, but when you are under stress, your body uses them up more quickly. So just at the time you need them the most, you don't have enough of them. Making sure in times of stress to eat foods such as oysters, halibut, spinach and other leafy greens, nuts and seeds and bluegreen algae to help in relieving stress.
- Supplements that can help with having a healthy lifestyle through stress reduction include:
- A supplement with Cereboost®, Standardized American Ginseng, which has long been used in improving cognitive function, preventing fatigue and increasing energy. This supplement also has the power of three mushrooms, Lion's Mane, agarikon, and cordyceps, and resveratrol.
- A supplement that combines phycocyanin (the unique blue pigment from bluegreen algae), Ecklonia cava (Seanol®, a marine algae), standardized turmeric, bromelain, and bluegreen algae can help with a healthy lifestyle by supporting the body in dealing with inflammation. Inflammation causing chronic pain and health conditions can certainly contribute to stress.
- Another supplement we find useful combines bluegreen algae, eleuthero, Ginkgo biloba, Lion's Mane, bee pollen, wheatgrass juice, and noni and was created especially for high-performance athletes and those with active lifestyles who depend on concentration and mental clarity. The blue green algae is a good source of whole food nutrition, bee pollen is reported to have a high amino acid content useful for stimulating memory and concentration, wheatgrass juice has been found to provide nutrients that support brain health and clearer thinking, and Gingko biloba has been used for a long time to promote increased memory and mental concentration by increasing circulation and providing increased oxygenation of brain cells. This combination means support to help you function when stress overwhelms you.
You can use these and other natural solutions to help reduce stress for a healthy lifestyle. If you find yourself dealing with stress that can affect your health, making some lifestyle changes, eating foods that help reduce stress and taking supplements that can help with stress reduction are natural solutions that make sense for you.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products on our website.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici / FreeDigitalPhotos.net