Foods As Natural Solutions For Inflammation
There are certain foods that contribute to a weakened immune system and aid in leading to what is inflammation that is not necessary. Eating food that is high in sugar and saturated fights is an example of these. According to Scott Zashin, MD, clinical professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, this type of diet causes the immune system to be over active which may result in joint pain, fatigue and damaged blood vessels. There are also foods that can help strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammation. Some of these include:
- Fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids. Broiled or baked fish is much preferable for a healthy diet than fried. AFA bluegreen algae is also a very good source of omega-3.
- Whole grains high in fiber and low in added sugar.
- Nuts, especially almonds, that are high in fiber, calcium, vitamin E and other antioxidants.
- Milk products, low or non-fat with calcium and vitamin D.
- Vegetables high in antioxidants such as bright colored tomatoes (which also have lycopene), squash, broccoli, and other dark green leafy veggies. Blueberries, green tea, sprouts, garlic, blue green algae, edible grasses and tumeric are also good sources of antioxidants.
- Beans are a lean source of protein and have lots of fiber and antioxidant vitamins.
- Bromelain is an enzyme that naturally occurs in pineapple and has been found to reduce inflammation.
- Hot peppers high in capsaicin which is known to reduce inflammation.
- Beets with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C and betalains (plant pigments).
- Turmeric known to be a natural anti-inflammatory spice, used most often in curry and that turns off a protein that can set off inflammation.
- Garlic with inflammation fighting properties found to work much like NSAIDs
Supplements As Natural Solutions For Inflammation
As mentioned above AFA blue green algae is a great source of omega-3 and antioxidants which both help fight off damage from free radicals and inflammation. Here are some bluegreen algae supplements that contain other ingredients reported to be helpful when dealing with inflammation.
Algae & Sprouts Supplement – This blend of kale sprouts, red clover sprouts, wheat sprouts, concentrated wheat sprouts, and Dunaliella salina algae is loaded with chlorophyll, glutathione, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients for the best of nature's antioxidants to nourish the body.
Algae & Antioxidant Supplement – Along with the antioxidants found in AFA bluegreen algae, this supplement adds the antioxidant power of wild blueberry, green tea, carnosine.
Algae & Plant Based Enzymes Supplement – A combination of plant-based proteolytic enzymes--bromelain, papain, protease, lipase, and serratiopeptidase, with bluegreen algae, to support your body's inflammatory response to physical exercise and free radical damage.
Now that you have information on what is inflammation, how it affects you and natural solutions to help you combat it, you can be on your way to strengthening your immune system, helping to ease pains, and nourishing yourself on a cellular level. When you feel good, you are more likely to exercise, get good quality sleep and eat healthier. It all adds up to a healthier you.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products on our website.